A landing page is a page where a visitor is redirected after clicking on an ad, promotion or search result.
The goal of a landing page is to obtein the visitor’s contact details in exchange for e-books, access to a webinar, exclusive shopping offers or any other lead magnet. There are also landing pages whose purpose is closing sales operations by means of a CTA to purchase and payment forms.
What is the difference between landing page and home page?
A home page is the main page of a website. It’s the reception hall where you welcome your visitors, where they can find all the information about your company, your products or services. All the people who visit you intentionally will arrive here, either because they already know about you or because they are willing to.
A landing page, on the other hand, is the page that appears in response to clicking on your online advertisement, clearly focused on generating leads and having different elements, such as CTAs and usually contact forms too.
The main difference has to do with the fact that a landing page needs to catch the attention of your visitors and provide them what they’re looking for at once, instead of persuading them to explore all your website.
It’s a common mistake to have Adwords campaigns take you to a home page instead of to an especially designed landing page, which results in a high rebounce rate (users accessing through ads, then rebouncing to the search engine because they haven’t found what they were looking for).
Why are landing pages so important?
Landing pages are important because they’re now the most effective way to increase your conversión rates in digital marketing, due to their highly persuasive content and design.
Sometimes, two or more CTA (calls to action) are included in order to do some A/B tests and decide which performance is better; then we’ll know which CTA is more effective (to use it in future campaigns).
Do you need help with your landing page?
At Workana you can find many freelancers from different countries, widely experienced in digital marketing. Developing a professional landing page involves working with several people. Usually this is the procedure:
- Establishing objectives for the campaign and also for the landing page you need to develop.
- Creating a layout of what the landing page must include, with specific instructions for the web content creators.
- Write clear, to-the-point, persuasive texts. A professional editor will help us here or, even better, a freelance copywriter.
- Design the final view of the landing page adding design elements to catch the attention of visitors and take them naturally to conversion. This, of course, aided by a quality freelance web designer or a graphic designer.
As you’ll see, a landing page is one of the smartest investments you can make to complete your marketing strategy, and the best is to have it done by experienced professionals.
- The 100 Best Landing Page Examples You Can’t Afford To Miss In 2019 – Instapage
- 42 Best Landing Page Examples for Lead Generation in 2019 – ImpactBnd
- 12 Great Landing Page Examples You’ll Want to Copy – Hubspot
What is Workana?
We invite you to know Workana, the leading freelance marketplace. We’ve been working since 2012 to keep connecting companies and entrepreneurs with remote workers of the most diverse specialty areas.